There are many people who like drawing and consider it as their best hobby. Drawing can be done by using many tools such as brushes and pencils. Drawing with pencils may seem to be easy, but in fact it is difficult. It requires many things in order to finally have a portrait that is done at a good way. It is not limited to being gifted, but it also requires you to have the inner will, imagination and to practice in order to master this kind of art. you will necessarily pass through stages of trying, training and making mistakes before being able to be a professional pencil portrait artist. Realistic portraits mean that you care about all the details in the reference view from which you draw. All the small details are taken into consideration during drawing and these small details in the portrait are the main reason for giving the portrait a real shape that looks like a natural one. Sometimes, it will be difficult for you to differentiate between the realistic drawn portraits and the pictures. They are really stunning, gorgeous and amazing, so let us start learning how to draw a realistic pencil portrait with these general and simple tips.
– Start with drawing an outline for the features of the parts that you are going to draw such as the mouth, hair, eyes, nose etc.
– The outline should be light to be easily covered during shading the drawing.
-In order to shade your drawings, you can follow many methods such as black shading, blended shading, circulism shading, tight and loose crosshatch shading, colored pencil shading and pastel shading.
– The photos that you are going to draw should be clear to help you to draw the details and to make your drawing a realistic one.
– In order to highlight a specific part in your drawing and make it clear, you can turn the area around it from being light to be darker.
– It is very important to make the paper on which you draw clean and never touch it with your hands in order not to be affected and decrease the quality of the drawing.
– One of the mistakes that the beginners make when they draw eyes and teeth is to make them white, but in fact they should be given a tone and should be highlighted.
– It will be better for your portrait to use tones instead of using lines for drawing hair.
– It is necessary for the artists who work with their right hands to start drawing from left to right and from top to bottom, while those who work with their left hands should draw in the opposite direction which means to start drawing from right to left and from top to bottom in order not to make your hand touch the parts that have been already finished.
– In order to make your drawing more realistic, you can draw flyaway hairs that look natural.
– Highlighting parts in your drawing does not necessarily mean to make them white, but to make them lighter than the area that surrounds them.
– It will be good for you and your drawing to put a piece of paper or a tissue under your hand in order not to affect the surface of the paper and the parts that you have finished.
– Mechanical pencils are the best solution for drawing specially for making backgrounds dark without a glow.
– It will be better for you to avoid using very sharp pencils in order not to affect the surface of the paper on which you draw.
– Putting glass on your drawing when you frame it will reduce its glow so it should not be too light.
– If you want to make your drawing light then you can use hard pencils and if you want to make it dark then you can use the soft pencils.
All what can be said about these portraits is that they are magnificent, incredible and really deserve to be appreciated. The realistic portrait artists should be thanked for their works that really do not differ from the realistic pictures which are taken by cameras.