Do you know any information about Cholesterol?!
Cholesterol is steroid fats which are found in the blood and are necessary for proper functioning of cell membranes. All our bodies already manufacture all the cholesterol which they need, so it is not necessary to consume more. If you consume more and more of cholesterol, of course it will lead to get high levels of cholesterol and it has been shown that high levels of cholesterol leads to increase the risk of heart diseases and strokes.
If you already have this problem of high levels of cholesterol, so you have to ask a specialist, besides eating foods on a healthy diet to lower your level of cholesterol. There are many healthy diets, foods and vegetables which have different impacts on the different number of people, so it is better to choose the most useful and suitable one for your condition. To decide about which diet is more suitable for you, it is recommended that you buy a Cholesterol Test Kit, so you could be able to monitor and control your cholesterol levels at home and see which diet and lifestyle works best for you.
<A list of the important functions of cholesterol>
- It aids in the production of bile.
- It insulates nerve fibers.
- It converts sunshine to vitamin D.
- It builds and maintains cell membranes.
- It is essential for the production of hormones released by the adrenal glands (cortisol, corticosterone, aldosterone, and others).
- It is important for the metabolism of fat soluble vitamins, including vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- It is necessary for determining which molecules can pass into the cell and which cannot.
<The different cholesterol levels>
- Desirable – Less than 200 mg/dL.
- Borderline high – 200 to 239 mg/dL.
- High – 240 mg/dL and above.
- Optimum level: less than 5mmol/liter.
- Mildly high cholesterol level: between 5 to 6.4mmol/liter.
- Moderately high cholesterol level: between 6.5 to 7.8mmol/liter.
- Very high cholesterol level: above 7.8mmol/liter.
Finally, you have to know that the normal amount of cholesterol in human blood has great benefits; but when it increases more than normal, it leads to many risks. So it is recommended that you avoid the foods which are high in cholesterol.