vBulletin is the leading provider of community publishing and forum software. Although the company has headquarters in Southern California, they have a team across the world. For more than 10 years now, customers have developed vibrant communities on vBulletin’s established and stable platform. This platform is developed with speed and powerful, security administration features and is serving more than 40,000 communities online. When it comes to content publishing, security, search and more, customers can get everything from vBulletin.
vBulletin now has two product lines: the publishing suite and the classic forum.
With the publishing suite, customers can get a mobile suite, ticket support, blog and CMS functions. The mobile suite is a new product which allows the use of custom Android and iPhone apps when interacting in the community. Other software updates include advanced search engine optimization; cross content search system and a centralized attachment system.
The Classic Forum is available for $195, but does not come with ticket support.
vBulletin is also offering new Facebook apps that will allow users to harness the power of this huge social network. The Facebook app publishing tool is provided as an easy solution to create and customize exciting new apps.
- Scalable Solution
- MySQL and PHP support – Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris & BSD
- MySQL backend database
- Built-in Apps – Forum / Discussion, Groups, Photo Albums, Calendar etc.
- Simple Cross Publishing
- Single Member Sign-on / Admin Control Panel / Permission System
- Matching Themes – Articles, Forum, Blogs
- Admin, Moderator & User Control Panel
- Power Template Engine (Advanced Customization)
- Unified Permission System
- SEO Friendly URLs
- Automatic site module – Google XML
- Custom META description/keywords tags
- Links for duplicate content removal
- Multi-user system – unlimited permissions and roles
- Granular Privileges
- SSL Compatible
- Problem Notification
- Login Strike System
- Email Verification
- Password and Email changes
- Public Forum
- Customer Forum & ticket support
- Professional Services
- Extensive Third Party Developer Community
- Extensible User Profiles
- Interface Localization
- URL Rewriting
- Content Reuse
- Multi-lingual Content
- XHTML Compliant
- RSS, XML, Atom Content Syndication
- Unlimited Forum Hierarchy
- Private Forums
- Video Embedding – Google, YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe
- BB Code Post Supports
- HTML Post Support
- Standard Editors or Optional WYSIWYG (private and posts messages)
- Attachment images
- Quick reply box
- Post Rating
- Preview post option
1. vBulletin has the best forum packages which are SEO and user friendly. The forum can deal with a community which starts small and then increase to a significant size.
2. World-class technical support via a ticket system with an average response time of 3 hours day or night.
3. Customizable and easy to use solutions with a lot of features.
4. A fully featured bulletin board system online with a standard calendar.
vBulletin is always adding improvements to ensure reliable service, architecture, usability and features. The development efforts are geared towards areas which provides tangible benefits to customers at all times, whilst maintaining and improving the reliability and performance that customers have come to expect from vBulletin product.
It can be overwhelming to choose from the available options and the codes have to be edited manually before installation.
vBulletin provides support via ticket system, free forum and phone.
Current promotions include special discounted price for publishing and mobile suite.
vBulletin is offering the best value for money, whether it’s ease of use, support or available features.