Here are the Top 9 Foods Which Are High In Cholesterol And You Have To Avoid to reduce the level of your cholesterol.
1. Whole eggs: a whole egg provides you with 212mg (71% DV) of cholesterol, while only the yolks of eggs have the most cholesterol of any food with 1234mg per 100 gram serving or 411% of the DV. This means that a single egg yolk will provide you with 210mg (70% DV) of cholesterol. Thus all the high cholesterol in eggs is found in their yolks.
2. Butter: it is common used in cakes, cookies, on bread, and vegetables, butter is everywhere in food. 100 grams of butter packs 215mg (72% DV) of cholesterol, one stick has more with 243mg (81% DV), and one tablespoon contains 30mg (10% DV).
3. Fast foods: particularly the breakfasts’ meals which are packed with cholesterol. An egg and sausage biscuit has even more with 261mg (87% DV). An egg and cheese biscuits will provide 172mg (57% DV) per 100g serving, or 246mg (82% DV) of cholesterol per biscuit.
4. Desserts: when you go baking at home, consider low-fat recipes to make your desserts more cholesterol-friendly. It is better to limit cakes, cookies, crackers, pastries, pies, muffins, and doughnuts (particularly those which are made with partially hydrogenated or saturated fats).
5. Cheese: Cheese is a tasty addition to any dish. It is a vegetarian source of protein, and a rich source of calcium too. The cheeses which are high in cholesterol include Gouda (38%), Cream Cheese (37% DV) and Cheddar (35% DV).
6. The liver of any meat: The liver from most any meat will contain 564mg of cholesterol per 100 grams. This is due to that cholesterol is manufactured by the liver, and therefore liver in cuisine contains a lot of cholesterol.
7. Shrimp: 100 grams of shrimp will contain 195mg (65% DV) of cholesterol. A single large shrimp contains 11mg (4% DV), and an ounce of shrimp will provide around 55mg (18% DV).
8. Caviar (Fish Roe): caviar is packed with cholesterol. 100 grams provides 588mg (196% DV), that is 94mg (31% DV) per tablespoon.
9. Processed Meats (Sausage, Lamb, and Duck): Liver sausage and bratwurst will contain around 158mg (50% DV) of cholesterol per 100 gram serving. That is 63mg (21% DV) per link. In terms of meats, lamb and duck will contain the most cholesterol all things being equal.