Diamonds are not just loved by women who adore wearing diamond jewelry, but they are also loved by anyone even those who do not wear them as these precious stones attract your attention once you see them because of their breathtaking beauty that shines in your eyes. The diamonds that we see are not only naturally beautiful, but they are also tough and durable which makes them the best choice for engagement rings that represent love to last forever. Diamonds can last for a long time and you can even pass them down to your daughter and the next generations but to do all of that and to make your diamonds always look perfect, you will need to take care of them. Here, we are going to know how to keep your diamond jewelry always perfect and shiny for you and all of those who see these precious stones that you have.
1. Protect your diamonds from dust & oil: You have to be more careful when you handle and wear your diamonds as they are affected by everything around them. Diamonds are like magnets since they attract dust and soot and they are also affected by the natural oil that is secreted by our skin which decreases their shine.
2. Clean your diamond jewelry regularly: Diamonds are always exposed to dust and oil when you wear them and this is why you have to clean them regularly in order to be always shiny.
3. Use a cleaning solution: Those ammonia-based cleaning solutions such as window cleaners or any other household cleaners are perfect for cleaning your diamond jewelry and removing anything that can affect its elegance and shine such as dirt and oil. Leave your diamond jewelry soaked in the ammonia-based cleaning solution overnight and take it in the morning to brush it gently through using a soft toothbrush. It is recommended to do this at least once per week and do not forget to brush the back of the diamond where you can find most of the dirt and oil. Rinse the diamonds thoroughly with water and dry them with a soft and lint-free cloth.
4. Do not use abrasive cleaning solutions: It is not recommended at all to use abrasive cleaning solutions such as toothpaste, bleach and chlorine that are harmful for both your diamonds and the precious metals that are used for making your jewelry.
5. Visit your jeweler: Cleaning your diamond jewelry regularly is easy but over time, you will find it difficult to clean it as there are deep areas that you can hardly reach and this is why you will need to go to a professional jeweler to clean them thoroughly and properly for you through using ultrasonic cleaners.
6. Clean them before being stored: When you do not use your diamond jewelry, store them in a good box or case and clean them before being stored.
7. Repair any damages: If there are any damages that you notice such as loose stone settings, then you will need to avoid wearing this diamond jewelry and take it to a professional jeweler to repair the damages that your jewelry has.
8. Do not wear your diamond jewelry while doing rough works: It is recommended to avoid wearing your diamond jewelry during doing different hard works such as yard work or house work in order not to chip your diamonds.
9. Do not take off your diamond jewelry: When you are in a public place outside your home, do not try to take off your diamond jewelry because you may lose it without being able to find it again.
10. Do not try ultrasonic cleaners on your own: It will be better for you to take your diamond jewelry to a professional jeweler for cleaning it through using an ultrasonic cleaner instead of doing this on your own and shaking loose stones.