In the last few years a new recipe came to light making unique and different twist and flavor to the traditional Egyptian Kunafa dessert which is Mango-Kunafa dessert. Since Egypt is known for its mangoes variety, the Egyptians invented this new recipe adding mango to the delicious Kunafa. It was said that mango was added to Kunafa when Ramadan in September happened to come with the height of the mango season in Egypt. If you have heard of it and want to try it here is how to make at home very easily.
1. 1/2 kg kunafa
– 1 1⁄4 c Sugar
– 1⁄2 c water
– 1 tbsp Lemon juice
2. 1⁄2 lb Unsalted butter, melted
- Cream filling:
– 1 cup thick cream (eshta)
– 1 cup whipping cream
3. 2 mangoes, sliced
– Roasted walnuts
- Prepare the sugar syrup by mixing its ingredients.
- Spread the unsalted butter on kunafa.
- Bake for 15 min until it looks crunchy and golden.
- Leave the kunafa aside to cool
- Pour the sugar syrup evenly on it.
- Whip thick cream and whipping cream together.
- Put a layer of mango pieces on kunafa and a layer of the whipping cream.
- Leave it to cool completely in fridge.
- Garnish with mangoes and nuts just and voilà here is an exotic dish of Kunafa with mango ready to be eaten.