Nails are important. For women, they are a fashion statement. Therefore, it is not uncommon to come across nails being designed in different methods as newspaper nail art designs. Indeed, women spent so much time and money caring for their nails.
In their zeal to outdo one another, nail stylists have come up with several ingenious ways of to polishing and decorating nails. The latest and fashionable style now trending is newspaper nail art designs.
This article is going to take you through a brief tutorial on how to prepare and apply newspaper prints into your nail. Firstly see this newspaper nail art design tutorial:
► Water can be used to transfer newspaper art prints into your nail. The procedure for doing this as elaborated below:
- Set all the items required. These will include cleaner, newspaper, nail polish remover, nail polish, a small jar or bottle can and towel.
- Wash hands: Clean your hands using mild soap and warm water before starting the procedure. This is intended to remove all germs and dust from your hands, fingers, and nails.
- Set base: Once cleaned and dried, set a solid base coating to cover your nails. This is applied to protect your nails. Let it dry well.
- Apply nail color. Next, choose your favorite color and apply it over the base. Users prefer light grey, nude or light pink nail polish. This is because the brightness offers a better background against the prints.
- Infuse alcohol. After pouring a bit of rubbing alcohol water in a bottle cap, deep your nail into the cap for above 5 seconds. Dip one nail at a time.
- Print. Use a small piece of newspaper availed during the preparation and press it firmly on your nails for a few seconds. Again, do it for each nail. Carefully peel off the paper from your nails. You will notice that the newspaper prints have been engraved into your polished nails.
- Clean up. Using a cotton bud and some nail polish remover, scrape off the excess polish that is stuck onto your fingers. In order to preserve the prints, remember not to touch your nail with the polisher.
- Apply finisher. Once the nails have dried and fingers have been cleaned up, use a colorless top sealant to coat your nails. This will provide an extra shine beside protecting the newspaper art prints from rubbing off.
► If you prefer using water instead of alcohol, the fourth step will be ignored and the following step used.
- Infuse water. Use water to pour in a small container to deep your nails into it. Wait for 10 seconds before soaking the next nail. See the following Newspaper Nail Art using Water Tutorial:
You can marvel at how beautiful your nails are. Care to do some laundry, anyone?