Many people are attracted to crystals for different reasons. It could be as simple as their liking for its color and beauty, while others use natural crystals for jewelry and decorative items for their homes. Moreover, crystals were used in the olden days to promote spiritual, emotional, and physical healing. So, some are more attuned to crystals, as each one has symbolism and deeper meanings. The practice continues today, and several companies create jewelry and other accessories that harness the various crystals’ inherent properties — the most common of which are their properties to attract prosperity and good luck to an individual or the home. Additionally, some people use loose crystals, while others prefer to use gem trees.
1 What are gem trees?
A gem tree or a crystal tree of life, is a decorative item that, as the name suggests, looks like a small tree. They are fashioned from twisted copper or gold wires using crystals or semi-precious gemstones to represent the leaves. Depending on the intended use, a crystal tree may use a single gem, citrine or amethyst, or a variety of crystals.
Natural crystals are trendy these days. Because of their energetic properties, many practitioners use them as feng shui objects to connect nature and its cycles to the home. This is usually done by incorporating symbols of natural elements such as trees. For example, a crystal tree of life may look like a bonsai tree, although it is fashioned initially after the jade plant, representing good luck and prosperity.
Here’s something you can add to your knowledge bank. The jade plant became associated with luck and prosperity because of its properties. In feng shui, a lucky plant is usually evergreen with round, thick, heart-shaped, and succulent leaves. Since all these characteristics are found in the jade plant, it is considered a good luck charm in Asia as a financial energizer.
2 What a tree symbolizes
In feng shui, trees are associated with the wood element, connected to growth, flexibility, and kindness. These are qualities you want to develop in your life and bring into your home.
Moreover, most trees are fruit-bearing, which represents nutrition, things coming into fruition, and abundance. Fruit trees likewise enhance a mindset of abundance because their fruits promote sharing.
3 What is a tree of life?
The tree of life is not a recent tradition. It is associated with many of the philosophical, religious, and mythological traditions in many cultures worldwide. It is also closely associated with the sacred tree concept or the tree of knowledge.
Furthermore, the tree of life is an archetype across cultures as a philosophical and spiritual symbol, as its nature is dependable and unchanging. Some of the representations include:
- It is the Bodhi tree where Buddha gained enlightenment.
- In the Garden of Eden, it is the source of life.
- In Norse mythology, it is called Ygdrassil.
- As mentioned, it is considered as the tree of knowledge.
4 Choosing a crystal tree of life
Some jewelers specializing in crystals offer customization to align the gem trees to their intentions and needs. It is better to use untreated and natural stones that give off stronger vibrations for desire amplification. Some buyers choose a single gemstone, such as jade, aventurine, citrine, amethyst, rose quartz, or tourmaline.
But most people want to have a crystal tree of life that has various crystals. A crystal tree of life with multi-stone leaves represents the five chakras, which help align the user’s energy for better emotional, mental, and physical health. It is not only the colors of the gemstones that attract. Many crystals complement and amplify the significance of each stone, increasing the potency of the crystal tree’s power.
5 Choosing the gemstones for your crystal tree
When choosing a gem tree for your home, could you select the one that draws you to it? Here are some of the most popular.
- Amethyst. Many people use amethyst to increase focus and calm the mind. Amethyst is often used for meditation and helps develop a spiritual connection and intuition. An amethyst crystal tree of life will be a great addition to your meditation room or corner if you are into meditation. Its calming effects also make it perfect for the bedroom, which will create a relaxing and soothing environment. Lastly, amethyst is connected to abundance and wealth, so you can also put an amethyst gem tree in your office.
- Citrine. If you want to attract wealth in your home, choose a citrine crystal tree of life. It is an excellent accessory to place in your home office, which can invite the energy of abundance and improvement of self-worth. Citrine helps in cultivating personal power, optimism, and confidence.
- Black tourmaline. If you want to invite additional protection for your home, find a black tourmaline gem tree and put it near your front door. Black tourmaline is considered a protective stone and can help produce an energetic barrier to repel negative energy.
- Jade. In most cultures in East Asia, jade tops the list of treasured stones. Jade is used to inviting longevity, wellbeing, and protection. The most popular jade color is green, although you can find white, black, lavender, and yellow jades. The rarest and most expensive one is a translucent, intense green color called the Imperial Jade. The principal deposits are in Myanmar. Jade is associated with the wood element. Likewise, it is connected to springtime, family, prosperity, and abundance. So add a jade tree of life in the far left corner of the house or bedroom, which you can locate by standing from the main door or bedroom door.
- Rose quartz. If you want to heal your heart or invite a romantic partner, pick a rose quartz tree of life. A rose gem tree is good for the bedroom to enhance love and emotional rejuvenation.
Ensure that you keep your crystal tree of life clean, as it can quickly collect dust. It is vital to clean the crystal leaves by energizing them. Place the tree in sunlight and leave it there for several hours, as sunlight has clarifying and bright yang energy that helps remove any stagnant or stuck energy from the tree. Always work with a professional practitioner to ensure that you have complementary gemstones on your crystal tree of life.