Cookies are among the most delicious things that we like to eat. Adoring cookies is not limited to young children, but it also extends to include all of us. There are different methods for making cookies and the ingredients also differ according to the type of cookies that you are going to bake. One of the most famous types of cookies is Oreo and you have certainly heard about it. Oreo has a mouthwatering shape and chocolate taste and here, we will try to make these Oreo cookies in our homes to allow you to enjoy eating them with your children who will thank you for such delicious cookies.
Let us start with the ingredients
In order to bake Oreo cookies, you will need to prepare the following
► The ingredients of the cookie dough:
♦ 1 cup or (2 sticks) of softened butter (unsalted and not melted)
♦ 1 cup granulated sugar
♦ 2 cups flour (all-purpose flour)
♦ 3/4 cup cocoa powder (Dutch process cocoa)
♦ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
♦ 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
♦ 1 teaspoon salt
♦ 1 large egg
► The ingredients of the filling:
♦ 1/2 cup or (one stick) of softened butter (unsalted and not melted)
♦ From 3 – 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
♦ 2 tablespoons half and half
♦ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
♦ Pinch of salt
Note: Do not forget to sift the flour, cocoa and powered sugar in order to get rid of any clumps.
Start preparing your cookies
For preparing the cookie dough
• Bring a bowl to mix the wet ingredients. Beat the butter and sugar with each other using a standard mixer on the medium speed or whisk with your hand. Keep beating until the mixture becomes light in its color.
• Turn the mixer from the medium speed to the low one and add the egg and vanilla to the previous mixture. Mix the whole ingredients until they are totally combined.
• Bring another bowl to mix the dry ingredients. Put flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and mix them well until they are completely combined.
• Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones that you mixed before. Do not add the dry ingredients at one time only, but do this gradually and you can divide the dry ingredients to about 4 or 5 batches. Use the mixer on a low speed to mix after each time you add a batch and keep blending until the whole ingredient are completely combined.
• After finishing the cookie dough, divide it into two discs and wrap each one using a plastic wrap.
• Put the two discs in the refrigerator for about one hour.
For preparing the filling of your Oreo cookies
• Bring a new bowl and put the softened butter without melting it, vanilla, half and half and salt together. Mix all the ingredients using an electric mixer on a low or medium speed until they become totally combined.
• Add the powdered sugar after sifting it. Divide the powdered sugar into batches and add them one by one with mixing after adding each batch. Keep whipping until they become totally mixed and turn to the creamy color.
Bake your cookies
• Prepare your oven through preheating it to 180ºC or 350ºF and do it before starting to cut your cookies.
• Bring a cookie sheet and grease it or use parchment paper in order not to make the cookies stick in the sheet.
• Bring your cookie discs from the refrigerator and roll one of them on a flat surface and it will be better to flour it to make it easy for you to roll it. The thickness of the cookie disc ranges from 1/8 to 1/4.
• After rolling the cookie disc, bring the cookie cutter with the shapes that you like and start cutting your cookies.
• Put your cookies that you cut in the cookie sheets and leave enough space between the cookies in order not to make them join together when they are baked in the oven.
• Place the cookie sheet in the oven and leave it for about 12 minutes.
• Get your cookies out of the oven and leave them for about 3 to 4 minutes to be cool.
• After that, remove the cookies from the cookie sheet with a spatula and place them on a wire rack.
• Put the filling into a piping bag with a large round tip and start piping the filling on your cookies. Put the filling on one cookie and cover it with another cookie and so on.
The last step
Enjoy eating your delicious cookies or Oreo.