Learn How To Brush Your Teeth In The Right Way
First, you have to know that brushing your teeth is not just to get a whiter smile and fresher breath, it is very important for your overall health too. In other words, when you brush your teeth, you will remove (plaque) the thin-film of bacteria that sticks to your teeth and will cause cavities, gum disease, and ignoring it for long enough, will cause many problems such as making your teeth to fall out. So, do you want to learn how to brush your teeth in the right way, this article is for you.
The effective brushing takes at least three minutes, most adults do not brushing that long. So to get this effective time, try to use a stopwatch while brushing.To brush your teeth in the right way, you should use short, gentle strokes, with paying extra attention to the gum-line, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration.
You have to concentrate on cleaning each section of these:
- The outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then the lower teeth.
- The inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then the lower teeth.
- Cleaning the chewing surfaces.
- Be sure to brush your tongue too, to get fresher breath.
To learn how to brush your teeth in the right way, follow these steps:
1. Tilt the brush at a 45° angle against the gum-line, then roll the brush away from the gum-line.
2. Brush the outside, inside and chewing surface of each tooth using short back-and-forth strokes in a gentle way.
3. Gently brush your tongue in order to remove any bacteria and to freshen your breath too.
Some tips on cleaning your teeth in the right way:
- Use a good toothbrush, you have to replace it every 3 or 4 months.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste.
- Use small amount of toothpaste.
- Use dental floss.
- Spend at least 3 minutes of brushing.
- Brush your tongue gently.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day.