Asian glow is a skin problem that has more than one name such as Alcohol flush reaction, Asian flush, Asian flush syndrome and other names, but the most common names for this problem are Asian flush and Asian glow. The symptoms of this problem appear on the skin of the patient in the form of flushes or redness of the skin that results from the increased blood flow. The flushes appear on different parts of the body such as the face, shoulders, neck and it may spread on the whole body.There are also other symptoms such as vomiting, headache, accelerated heart rate and shortness of breath.
Asian glow is simply a reaction that results from drinking alcohol, so those who suffer from flushes are thought to have sensitivity to alcoholic beverages. The catabolic metabolism of alcohol in the body of the one who drinks alcohol leads to the accumulation of an organic chemical compound in the blood stream known as acetaldehyde that is used to determine the severity level of the flush after drinking alcohol. Asian glow increases the risk of being infected with esophageal cancer.
Asian glow has taken this name because it is more common among Asian people. The rs671 form of ALDH2 gene -which is the main cause of the problem that leads to increasing flushes as a result of drinking alcohol- is rarely found among African and European people. It is thought that there is no cure for flush reaction and this is because the main cause of the problem is genetic deficiency.
Any solution that is suggested as a permanent cure for Asian glow is considered to be a remedy for just lowering the severity of flush reaction after drinking alcohol and there is not an official remedy for this reaction till now. For treating the symptoms of Asian glow, you need to take the remedies that are antihistamine and can lower the amount or level of acetaldehyde in the blood. To help you, we provide you with the following remedies hoping they can help you to overcome this problem.
– The cheapest remedy: The best, cheapest and the only permanent solution for Asian glow is to avoid drinking alcohol in order to get rid of the flush reaction and other symptoms. You should at least lower the amount of alcoholic beverages that you drink.
– Empty stomach: You must avoid drinking alcoholic beverages on an empty stomach in order not to help symptoms to quickly appear on your skin after drinking.
– Chemical remedy: Among the drugs that are sometimes used for treating this problem is Disulfiram which is commonly known as Antabuse and this is the trade name. This drug prevents the enzyme acetaldehyde dehydrogenase from converting acetaldehyde to acetic acid. It should be taken after consulting your doctor because of its side effects.
– Natural remedies: Herbs are among the most common remedies that are used by many individuals to cure most of the health problems from which they suffer. Herbs are also used for being healthier, cheaper and more safe than chemical treatments or medicines.
• AF Formula: It contains a combination of herbal ingredients, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. You can find a mixture of Passion flower, GABA, vitamin B6, Valerian root, Magnesium, Glycine, L-Glutamine, Primula Officinalis flower, Taurine and Zinc.
• Chamomile: Among the herbs that can be used for curing the symptoms of Asian glow is chamomile as it contains natural antihistamines. You can drink it as tea, but it should be an hour before drinking alcohol.
• Papaya: If you like fruit, then you can try eating papaya and you should also have it an hour before drinking alcohol.
• Sweet food with fructose: The sweet types of food that contain fructose can be effective for delaying flush reaction when they are eaten before and with alcohol.