How to Get Your Boss to Be More Respectable
As it is not easy to find a job that suits you, your experience and your expectations, it is also not easy to find a boss who is kind, respectable and appreciates his employees. There are many bosses who can not be treated easily, they are tough and mistreat their employees whether it is when they are alone or in the presence of their colleagues. Your boss may get angry because of your behavior or because s\he suffers from stress. You find it difficult to tell your boss that you do not accept the way by which s\he treats you, you wish you could get rid of such a treatment, but how to do that?. Below are few tips that will help you and will show you how to avoid your boss’s mistreatment and how to avoid being embarrassed in front of your colleagues.
– Prevent your boss: You should not give your boss the chance to complain about you and your performance or work product.
– Be realistic: Your boss is an ordinary person who can get angry at any time because of the stress from which s\he suffers or because of the employees’ behaviors, so do not expect what you cannot get.
– Relax and keep quiet: Do not treat your boss in the same way and avoid being rude with him\her through the words that you use.
– Alleviate your boss’s stress: Instead of increasing the problem and making the matters worse, try to alleviate your boss’s anger and stress through knowing the main reason for being angry and try to solve the problem and help him\her.
– Apologize: If it happened that you made a mistake, then you have to apologize for what you did and try to solve it. This will prevent the matters from being worse than they are and will prevent your boss from treating you with an unacceptable way.
– Keep your promise: Do not make a promise that you cannot keep. When you accept to do something or take in the responsibility of a specific task, then you have to do it within its deadline.
– Respect your time: Do not go to your work late and try to arrive early or at least on time. This will help you to gain the respect of your boss.
– Be honest: Do your work and do not try to waste your time talking with your colleagues about trivial matters.
– Do not argue: Do not talk to your boss and discuss your problems in the presence of other employees. Try to sit with your boss alone and talk about your points of view and all the problems that you face to find how to solve them and how to avoid them from happening again.
– Pay attention: While you are talking to your boss, you have to pay attention and concentrate on what is said and the tasks that are required from you. Being indifferent will increase the anger of your boss and will embarrass you.
– Be patient: Because it is difficult for you to find another job that is suitable for you and have the same position at which you are now, you have to be patient and to exert effort to adapt yourself to your boss trying to change the way s\he behaves.