How to Benefit from Low Impact Exercises
There are two types of exercises one of them is called high impact exercises and the other one is called low impact exercises. High impact exercises are a tough kind of exercises that are really tiring and require jumping to get heart rate up. In contrast to high impact exercises, low impact exercises are less tiring, simple and easy. There are some people who think that high impact exercises are effective and consider them to be the only type of exercises that can help them to lose weight while the low impact exercises are not helpful, but this is not true. In order to burn calories and lose weight, you need to increase your heart rate that is thought to be achieved just through running and jumping. This method is not appropriate to everyone and it may come to be impossible and harmful for others because of their health conditions such as patients, pregnants, injured people and it is also difficult for beginners to start doing exercises with high impact exercises. Low impact exercises can help you to lose weight and to know how, we present to you the following exercises.
– Walking: It is one of the easiest, simplest and most common low impact exercises. You can make walking more effective for burning calories and losing weight through walking fast and not slowly. Try to involve the whole body through moving your arms while walking to increase your heart rate. Walk long distances and try to decrease the time that you spend in walking these distances each time.
– Climbing stairs: Climbing stairs helps you to increase your heart rate and to strengthen the muscles of your legs without the need to do tough moves that may affect you.
– Hiking: It is another simple and easy challenge for your body especially when the ground on which you walk is not flat. Hiking can be more effective on rough terrain and heights such as mountains as the resistance increases your heart rate which helps you to burn more calories and lose weight. In order to increase the effort that you exert you an carry a load such as a backpack.
– Step aerobics: It is similar to climbing stairs. You have an aerobic step platform in front of you that looks like the steps of the traditional stairs in our homes. Step aerobics can be considered as a perfect alternative solution to jumping that increases your heart rate. You can make step aerobics more effective by moving your arms, raising them over your head and using dumbbells.
– Swimming: It can be beneficial for you through doing laps instead of floating and it concentrates more on moving the upper part of your body.
– Cycling: One of the simplest activities that can be done to move the lower part of your body and especially your legs and their muscles. You can increase the intensity of cycling through increasing your speed while you are riding the bike to be moderate.
– Skating and skiing: They are other simple activities that are capable of increasing your heart rate. The faster your moves are, the higher your heart rate will be. Skiing will be more effective when you practice it on hills.
– Zumba: It is a cardio dance workout that is very interesting since it is based on music and it is done in groups. It helps you to move your entire body especially your arms without feeling that you do that thanks to the music to which you listen.
– Kayaking: If you are one of those who like water sports such as kayaking, then you can make use of them to get your heart rate up. Kayaking helps you to move your arms and activates your heart.
– Push-up exercise: It is a perfect exercise that helps you to strengthen the upper part of the body and involves different muscles such as those of the shoulders, back, chest, triceps and abs. You can start doing push-ups on your hands and knees and after that when your muscles become stronger, you can do them on your hands and toes.
Do not forget that making low impact exercises effective and intensive depends on moving the whole body and increasing the effort that you exert gradually. The more organs and muscles you involve in doing exercises, the more calories you will burn and the more weight you will lose.