There is a recent study has shown that almost 50% of pets in America are overweight or obese animals, they become just like humans. Having overweight or obese pet animal can cause some risks and serious problems. So, if you have an obese or overweight animal, you have to pay attention to slim your pet down to a healthy weight. In this article, we will show you how to help your pet animal to lose weight.
1. Take your pet to a veterinarian: it is very important to visit the veterinarian before starting a diet plan for your pet. The vet will look for the underlying problems which could affect your dog during diet such like joint problems, diabetes etc. Your pet may get overweight from any medical problem, so you should to check with the vet to give you the okay about starting your pet’s diet.
2. No cheating: do not give extra treats to your pet, as this will set it back on your goal for it to lose weight.
3. Find the healthy food to eat on a diet: you should discuss that with your vet as which healthy food is better to your pet on a diet. There are many kinds of foods on diet, but it could be unhealthy and do not provide all nutrients to your pet which it needs.
4. Exercise your pet: it does not mean to push them out, but it means to play, walk, run and exercise them correctly. For dogs, you can play, run, walk and exercise them. For cats, you should find a suitable toy to play with it. For any other animal, you have to ask your veterinarian.
5. Do not lose faith and keep at it: be persistent even if your pet does not seem to lose weight. You should not get upset and throw the diet away, be patient till you see the result.
6. Go in for a check up: take your pet to the veterinarian every two months. The veterinarian will tell you if you are doing right or not and whether to keep going with the diet or not.