Life does not have a meaning without challenge because it will be boring and you will not find a goal for which you seek and exert a huge effort. The same thing happens when you work as if you do not have a goal at your work, then you will find that your job is boring and it will seem like a daily routine. There are some people who suffer from their responsibilities and workload that they cannot bear while there are others who wish they could take in more responsibility to enjoy their work, to be promoted, to increase their salaries and to improve their position. But there is no employee who can take in the responsibility or do extra tasks on his\her own, the employees need their boss to ask them for doing that. In order to have your boss ask you for extra tasks and to give you more responsibilities, you need to persuade your boss and encourage him\her for doing that. To get more information about the methods that you can follow to get more responsibility, we provide you with the following 15 tips.
– Fix your mistakes: If there are mistakes that you do in your work and that affect the quality of your work product, then you will first have to correct these mistakes and try to learn from them in order not to happen again.
– Gain knowledge: If you want to get more responsibility, then you will need to improve your skills, to discover and know more about work. It does not mean that you need to get more information about your work only, but it means to expand your knowledge to include the whole work of the company.
– Improve your relation: You have to be friendly with your colleagues and to improve your relation with them. They can support you in front of your boss.
– Teamwork: It is not necessary when you work with your colleagues to be their leader because you can prove your ability to work in a team through having a good relation with the members of the team, the ability to understand them, to share your opinions and to appreciate everyone without negligence.
– Help your colleagues: If you finished doing all of your tasks and still have time, then you can help your colleagues to finish their work. This will not only be appreciated by your colleagues who will see you as a helpful person, but it will be also appreciated by your boss who will think that you are an energetic, helpful, and responsible person.
– Respect everyone: In order to have the others whether they are your colleagues or your boss respect you, you have first to respect them.
– Ask for extra work: You can ask your boss if there is something that you can do for him\her after finishing your work.
– Show your readiness: Tell your boss that you are ready to take in the responsibility from which your colleagues escape and suffer, but you should bear in mind that you really have to be able to do it.
– Participate in solving problems: If there are problems from which the company or your colleagues suffer, then you can try to find and suggest different and multiple solutions for them.
– Avoid trivial matters: You have to avoid wasting your time in talking about trivial matters with your colleagues and instead of talking, you can spend your time in doing something beneficial such as doing extra work or to concentrate on your work in order not to affect its quality.
– Keep your promise: Try to finish your work and tasks within their deadline and do not make a promise that you cannot keep.
– Always be on time: You have to respect time and go to your work on time or early instead of arriving late.
– Leave your work late: Leaving your work after your colleagues will make your boss feel that you are caring about your work, exert a huge effort to complete your work within the deadline and ready to stay late.
– Inform your boss: The most important thing is to have your boss aware of what you do for helping your colleagues, respecting deadline, staying late, coming early and other things that will help you to get your boss trust you and give you the promotion that you deserve.
– Be well-dressed: Being well-dressed when you go to your work is necessary for gaining respect and you need to care about the clothes that you choose for your work place as they should be formal.