Our digestive system has billions of bacteria in which there are good bacteria that help us to absorb food and minerals while we are eating our food. We should take good care of our digestive system in order to avoid gas, abdominal pains, diarrhea, vomiting, cramps, indigestion and bloating. All these signs are a high alert that our digestive system needs to take good care of.
Here are some easy ways and tips which you should follow to maintain a good digestive system.
1. Drink lots of water: it plays an important role in our digestion as it dissolves nutrients, breaks down the food in our stomach and prevents constipation too.
2. Eat more vegetables, fruits and whole products of grains: these products are rich in fiber which helps in reducing the risk of constipation and stimulating food digestion. As for fruits, eat more mangoes, strawberries, dried fruits and avocado. For vegetables, eat more spinach, lentils, green peas, beans and broccoli. It is better to replace the white bread, white rice and refined pasta with whole grain bread, brown rice and whole wheat pasta.
3. Eat less fatty foods: fatty foods are the fast food, cakes, chips, dips, donuts, cookies, margarine and toppings. By lowering the level of eating fatty foods, you can save your digestive organs from any harm or damage.
4. Eat moderately and slowly: if you rush in eating, this way will lead to get stress in your digestive system. It is better to eat in moderate portions and to chew the food to get easier digestion and to enjoy the food too. Overeating leads to upset your stomach.
5. Quit smoking: smoking is very harmful and it may damage your digestive system as it leads to many diseases such as colon cancer, heartburn, liver damage, peptic ulcers and gallstones. You can exchange smoking with eating a piece of gum which helps to get a good digestion.
6. Be active and exercise: you can go running, walking, swimming or any other exercise which will help your digestive system.
7. Take vitamins and minerals: you can get all the good minerals and vitamins from the food which you are eating.
8. Reduce stress in your personal life: stress is one of the major things which has a negative effect on the digestive system. To get a healthy and good digestion, it is better to control your stress.