In designing your home, you usually concentrate on designing the internal part of your house and sometimes some attention is paid to the external part of the house or the yard in front of it. But what about the roof of your house? It is completely neglected to the extent that it is not suitable for sitting and spending some time. We should all try to make use of this place and transform it to look attractive. Roof gardens are one of the best and most fantastic ideas for decorating your roof and transforming it to what looks like a paradise. They allow you to enjoy natural views and to spend most of your time in such a gorgeous place. You can invite your friends and family members to spend your time with them over there instead of sitting in living rooms. Roof gardens will make the roof of your home fantastic and inviting. You will not need to go out anymore to enjoy your time in a good and natural place because you have your own garden.
For the roof garden, you can design it by only using containers with plants to surround the roof or you can use them to cover a larger space of the roof if it is large in size. When you begin to design and decorate your roof to be a roof garden you will need to follow many steps that are necessary for you to achieve a well designed roof garden. To help you to achieve your dream about having a marvelous roof garden, we present to you the following tips which will enable you to start designing your roof garden.
-Make sure that the roof does not leak water.
-The roof is strong and capable of carrying a garden without being harmed.
-You should take into consideration that an enough space should be left on the roof and not to consume the whole roof to be designed as a garden, so you will be able to specify a place for sitting and gathering.
– The roof should be waterproofed before making your roof garden in order to resist water.
– Do not forget the drainage pipes for getting rid of extra water that result from watering plants.
– It is important when you choose plants for the roof garden to take those which do not need a large amount of water, are light in their weight and do not have deep roots.
– You should use light containers for plants in order not to be heavy on the roof and damage it.
– Use seats that are not heavy for preparing a seating area to enjoy your time with family and friends.
– Windbreaks are very substantial for protecting your garden from being destroyed. Windbreaks which allow some wind to pass are better than those which totally prevent wind from passing through the garden because they will fall and destroyed once there is a strong wind.
– You should bear in mind the watering system and how the plants are going to be watered especially in summer time in which plants need a larger amount of water.
– In order to complete the shape of your roof garden and achieve the perfection of its appearance, you will need to add some lights for lightening the roof in the night and enjoying staying with the plants around you.