In our fast forward life we send a lot of time in our cars to travel from one place to another. The pleasant atmosphere of a car will have a positive effect on mood. But over the course of time your car will face some accidents like car sickness or coffee spills and it will stink.
So what to do to get rid of the bad odor because nobody wants to travel in a smelly car for an early morning breakfast meeting. Here are 5 common car and easy solutions to get rid of them.
1 Car Sickness:
It is common to have unfortunate carsick accidents, but even if the incident is wiped out its smell still lingers in your car. Luckily, there are few easy tips to get rid of that horrid smell that nobody likes:
– Place activated charcoal in your car’s interior to act as local filters. You can find activated charcoal at pet supply stores, health food stores or even bigger department stores. Place a cup or so of activated charcoal which comes in powder form in a bowl and then place that bowl in your car wait for a day or two after which time the charcoal should have worked its magic and absorbed a lot of the smells of vomit from your car.
– Try leaving a small amount of ammonia or a cup of vinegar in the car overnight. Ammonia is very harsh so be sure not to bunk up in the car while the ammonia is working on eliminating the cars odors. After removing open the windows and air out the car for an hour or two before using the car repeat this every night for a week or two.
– Get rid of the smell of eatables and food items by keeping a car air freshener ready at all times. If you are traveling with children; the smell of milk, snacks or related food items can create a pungent ambiance in the car which will cause car sickness.
If someone smoked in your car or you just bought a car that is suffering from a case of the smoke smelliness, there is nothing to worry about it. Getting smoke odors out of your vehicle can be done effectively with the right tools.
Take a quick sweep of your car, and then use a combination of chemical and natural cleaners to help snuff out the malodorous smell you’ll have your car smelling downright pleasant in no time.
– You can try baking soda. Baking soda is a natural deodorant that has so many uses. It’s almost criminal especially for cars with fabric and derrieres this option works great for heavy-duty smells you’ll need about a whole one-pound packet of sodium bicarbonate. Sprinkle the baking soda over as many porous surfaces as possible these include the mats, seats, roof and any place where the smell may have permeated.
Work the baking soda into the surface it’s on. You can use a cloth, a brush or even your hands to work the baking soda into the fabric. Wait for at least 30 minutes or up to a day the longer you wait the longer the baking soda odor icing properties get to work on your smelly car.After the allotted waiting time vacuum up any remaining baking soda be sure to take at least two whole passes to remove any baking soda along with particulates that may be causing the car to smell.
– Use crumpled up newspaper although not a surefire way to remove the smoke odor from your car. This method is reputed to work because newspaper is an odor absorbent. Crumpled up a good number of old newspapers sheets and place them strategically throughout your car. Wait 48 hours for the newspaper to absorb all the smoke smells and then remove the newspaper and recycle them.
The evaporator coil in ac is the reason for the musky smell in cars. The evaporator coil where the hot air comes through and gets cool down with the help of fan which pushes the air in through the evaporator coil then through the ducting system and the air then comes out through the vent grill to cool your car during the hot summer. The evaporator coil is dark, wet and warm which are the best condition for the growth of mold which produces the musky smell into your vehicle.
– There are many products on the market to clean the air and remove any ad smells. These reagents come in cans with an accessorized tube so that they can get to your evaporator coil as closely as possible because to remove the odor you have to be able to get your cleaning agent directly onto the evaporator coil.
– Check the manual of your car to find out how to replace the evaporator coil in your car. If you do not know how to do it, then use a mechanic service to replace the evaporator coil.
Small animals, for example, rats and squirrels often look for hiding spots from storms and they sometimes seek refuge in the body of your automobile. There are small zones under the vehicles where they can hide without much of a stretch. On the off chance that one of these little creatures dies in these clefts or leave scat it can cause smell in your car andit’s not something that you want to smell.
– First clean your car, vacuum it the best way to get rid of any smell. Wipe the interior of the car including the glass with vinegar and water. To make the mixture combine 1/4 cup of vinegar white not cider with 2 cups of water pour into your sprayer and shake. Spray the windows and the upholstery of the car with the vinegar water mixture before wiping any excess.The applied mixture may have redolent of vinegar but the vinegar smell wears off quickly once it’s dried.
– Try placing roasted coffee beans throughout the car for a day if you don’t like the smell of puffy you may be out of luck on this one although tactic it really does work. Place 6 paper plates strategically throughout the car onto each plate spoon one cup of roasted coffee evenly spread out across the entire plate.
– Keeping the windows down about 1/8 of an inch allow the coffee smell to permeate the car on a warm sunny day. After a day remove the coffee bins and enjoy the smell of your latte a car.
The smell of gas inside your car is a bit trickier since you need to use commercial products.
– One way on how to get rid of gas smell in the car is by using an ionizer or air freshener.Do not just purchase regular air fresheners those are not potent enough to eliminate gas odor. They will only mask the smell instead of neutralizing it.It would be best to use an ionizer together with a powerful air freshener to make sure that all gas components are eliminated from your car.
– A deodorizer is another useful tool to get rid of gas smell in the car spraying a small amount of the riser inside your car’s interior will rapidly eliminate the smell of the fumes.
– If powerful air fresheners and deodorizer fail to eliminate gas smell in your car then it is time to bring your car to a trusted mechanic because there might be a leak in your car’s fuel line. The mechanic will be able to detect the source of the gas leak and fix it before it gets worse.Guest Writer:
This post is written by Steven. He is a digital nomad who is obsessed with automobiles and loves road traveling. He regularly posts at http://automotiveward.com/