Most of the products and services, if it is not all of them, can be found online and it is impossible to need something and not to find it offered online. Purchasing different items which are advertised online increases rapidly to find it common in different countries around the world even those developing countries. You can buy anything you want from different online stores even jewelry, but how to do that? There are numerous online jewelry stores which are available for you to choose the jewelry pieces that you like while staying at your home but we cannot say that all of these stores are reliable and legitimate, so what should you do in order not to lose your money? There are some people who protect themselves from losing their money through staying away from purchasing their jewelry from online jewelry stores but this is not a good solution to the problem. In fact, you have to be careful while purchasing from online jewelry stores especially if you are going to purchase expensive jewelry and this is why you have to take a look at the following tips to keep your money safe.
1. Collect information about the online jewelry store: Try to get as much information as possible about the online jewelry store from which you intend to purchase your jewelry to make sure that this jewelry store is legitimate. The online jewelry store must have another offline jewelry store or company with contact information to help customers if it is real. The contact information should include a telephone number, e-mail address and there must be a physical address to be visited in case something happens. Contact the offline store or company to tell them about what you want to purchase from their online jewelry store. Try to get a guarantee in print from the jewelry store\company before purchasing what you want from the online store and keep it with you.
2. Don’t be fooled by the low prices: Beware of the online jewelry stores that offer their jewelry pieces at incredible prices which are much lower than the standard rates. Such a trick is made to attract as many customers as possible and to make you believe that the online store is good for purchasing your jewelry.
3. Guarantees & Policies: After deciding a legitimate online jewelry store, you have to look for the guarantees that are presented to customers in addition to different policies such as jewelry appraisal, payment scheme, shipping policy, return policy, money back guarantee in addition to the offers that are presented for attracting customers and competing with other online jewelry stores.
4. Get it: After making sure that the online jewelry store is legitimate and after deciding the jewelry piece that you want, add it in the online shopping cart and pay the money after giving your shipping address.
It is not
5. Check it: Once you receive the jewelry pieces that you ordered, inspect them. It will be difficult to check the jewelry pieces on your own and this is why you have to go to a local jeweler to check them for you and decide whether they are real and are worth your money or not.
6. Not used: There are online jewelry stores that sell used jewelry pieces as new ones and this is why you have to make sure that the jewelry which you purchased is new and was not used before through checking the jewelry for any scratches or other signs which can show you that it was worn before.
7. Check the diamonds: Make sure that the diamonds or semi-precious stones in your jewelry piece are positioned properly and are not about to fall.
8. Identical pieces: In case you buy earrings, make sure that the two pieces are identical to each other in their size, color shape and design.