The beauty industry is one sector that is here to stay permanently. Although beauty trends may change with the times, attention to one’s appearance is a part of every community. For this reason, beauty salons provide services that are always in demand.
Applying the right salon marketing strategies can go a long way in reaching your potential clients and keep a constant flow of new customers to your beauty salon. Considering most people get information from the internet, establishing an online presence is crucial to the marketing strategies explored in this article. Choosing one of the best salon website design examples can ensure an improved user experience. In addition, you need to be aware of the fact that SMS marketing is also an extremely powerful tool. Since text messages have guaranteed open rates of 98%, it’s in your best interest to start sending SMS messages online to reach all of your clients immediately.
Eight Proven Salon Marketing Ideas to Get New Customers
1 Get listed on online directories
Your beauty salon should be easy to find for the people who need it. Online directories like Google My Business, Yelp, and Facebook can increase the likelihood of your salon showing up on search results. Also, make sure to include the keywords related to your beauty salon.
2 Maintain a consistent online presence
Having an impactful online presence goes beyond creating a user-friendly website. The internet is dynamic and ever-changing, and you should leverage this to keep your brand relevant over time.
Here are a few ways to maintain a vibrant and compelling presence on social media platforms:
- To create visually appealing content
- To plan consistent, engaging content
- To create educational tutorials and challenges to add value to your audience.
- Be active in replying to comments and interacting with your followers online.
3 Prioritize customer retention
What if there is a way to get new clients without spending a dime? Yes, word of mouth is the best way to get new faces trooping into your beauty salon. The only way to do this is by giving out expert services and prioritizing customer experience. In order to provide a top-notch customer experience, you can check out sites like SuperSaaS.com to start using an online booking system. This way, your clients can book whenever they want without having to wait until the salon is open. You’ll increase attendance and revenue by allowing them to schedule during non-business hours, and you’ll also avoid overbooking and no-shows. By making the process as convenient as possible, you’ll ensure that your clients stay happy and keep coming back.
You should ensure all your employees are trained in delivering a memorable customer experience that will keep your old clients coming back for more. It would help if you didn’t worry about how close your competition is. If you provide an excellent and unique experience, your clients will return, and they may bring a friend too.
Also, develop ways to keep up with clients that you haven’t seen in a while. Ways to keep in touch with clients and sustain a lasting relationship includes:
- To send out routine newsletters to all clients
- To contact clients via SMS
- To send out personalized emails to clients that have been absent for a while
4 Encourage referrals and online reviews
According to the statistics, 92% of people depend on reviews to decide what business to patronize. The little time you have with clients should be used strategically. Don’t let any customer leave your beauty salon without optimum satisfaction. Encourage satisfied clients to recommend their friends to enjoy a similar service.
While word of mouth is excellent, leaving a great review online with a selfie of the hairstyle they got at your beauty salon can encourage new clients to trust in your brand. Another way to encourage referrals is by putting up discounts for every client that refers to a friend.
5 Social employees
Create training programs and encourage employees to promote your beauty salon services on social media. Having employees that share their craft on social media can also increase the reach of your business. Such a brand culture can improve customer experience and encourage new clients to try it out.
6 Run salon sales and promotions
Incentives have always been a part of hair salon marketing. So ensure to put out good deals whenever you can. This way, new clients can find haircut deals they weren’t getting at their previous salon. Some hair salon promotion ideas include:
- “First time client” special offer
- “Bring a friend” discount
- Holiday discount
- Monthly special offer
- “5 in 1” special offer (specific for groups and families)
- Birthday discount
Having great deals often encourage clients to try new services and get new people through the door. Who doesn’t love a good deal?
7 Collaborate with other brands/influencers
Try to collaborate with other service providers that complement yours and have a similar client base. For instance, having a joint sale or hosting an event with a nearby flower or clothes boutique can expose your brand to their shoppers.
Giving out a complimentary service to an influencer around your area can go a long way in getting new clients. Just ensure that the influencer’s followers are organic and fit your target audience.
8 Run social media ads
Running beauty salon promotion ads on platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Google is a great way to get new clients trooping in. Make sure to set the following when creating an ad:
- Location. Make sure your ads are visible to people in your area.
- Age and gender. This helps you weed out the underage population and localize your ads to your target audience. So you get to choose the age and gender preference that needs your service the most.
- Interests. Focus on people of similar interests, e.g., beauty, fashion, hairstyling. Most ads use the most viewed pages of clients to direct your ads to people searching for them.
- Timing. It is a crucial factor in your ads. Ensure you run your ads during high traffic periods. If your ads are active at 3 am when most people are asleep, it’ll be less effective.
Best Salon Marketing Tips
Here are a few tips to note along with your salon marketing ideas:
- Always carry a business card, same for your employees
- Set up retargeting ads
- Use hashtags to increase online visibility
- Host a contest/events in your salon
- Keep your email newsletters updated
- Give gift certificates/coupons
- Submit promotional guest posts to local blogs with links to your website
- Enhance your salon visibility on your street with a memorable decor/sign
- Set up the beautiful interior decor
- Promote salon specials on Instagram stories
- Create a salon tour video to give potential clients a glimpse into the experience you offer
To Wrap Up
Having alluring interior decor and outstanding service can not matter if no one knows about your beauty salon. But with the right salon marketing ideas, your salon can be discovered by a wider audience and get new clients coming in. bear in mind that this isn’t solely up to you but every employee in your beauty salon.