There are 9 known planets rotates in their orbits around the sun. These planets are different in their names, sizes and other many characteristics which we will talk about in this article. Here are a list of the 9 planets in their order in the solar system:
1. Mercury: It is the closest planet to the sun, so it orbits the sun very quickly just in 88 days. Its surface is gray to orange in color and it is covered with craters. It is a small planet, just 4850 kilometers (~3000 miles) in diameter. The side of its surface which is facing the sun is extremely hot as 700oK.
2. Venus: Its surface is a brownish-yellow color because of its thick atmosphere which is composed of largely of sulfuric acid and CO2. Its size is a little over 12,000 kilometers (7300 miles) in diameter. It rotates the sun in 243.
3. Earth: It rotates the sun every 365 days (year) and rotates in its axis every 24 hours (day). Its size is a little more than 12,000 kilometers in diameter. This planet is different form other planets as it maintains life on its surface. It has a moon.
4. Mars: It takes 687 days to revolve around the sun. Its surface is covered with craters, volcanoes, and large canyons and it has a very cold atmosphere. It has two moons.
5. Jupiter: It is the largest planet of the solar system as a diameter of 142,980 kilometers. It orbits the sun every 12 years.
6. Saturn: It is a large planet as 120,536 kilometers. It orbits the sun in 12 years. It is well-known for its system of three rings, it has also 47 moons.
7. Uranus: It rotates the sun in 84 years, its size is 51,118 kilometers in diameter. It is surrounded by a system of nine rings.
8. Neptune: Its size is 49,500 kilometers in diameter. It orbits the sun every 165 years.
9. Pluto: It is known as the most distance planet from the sun. It orbits the sun in 248 years.
To students: To remember the 9 planets with their names in their right order, you can use this simple sentence to remind you “MY VERY EARTHLY MOTHER JUST SERVED US NEW PICKLES”