9 Awesome Uses Of Lemon In Your Home
Lemon is one of the most beneficial vegetables which is full of vitamins. Lemon can be used in many things not just for making lemonade, as there are a lot of ways to use lemons in your home. So don’t toss all those lemon peels and put them to work. Here are a variety of uses for lemon at your home:
1. To Keep insects out: there are many pests which hate the acid of lemon. This can help in getting rid of insects by taking the peels and placing them along thresholds, windowsills, and near any holes or cracks where ants or pests can be entering.
2. Clean coffee pot or tea kettle: fill the kettle with water, then add a handful of thin slices of lemon peel and heat them to boil. Then, turn off heat and leave it for one hour, drain and rinse well with water. For the coffee pots, it is better to add salt, ice and lemon rinds to the empty pot; swish and swirl for one or two minutes, dump and rinse.
3. Make a scented humidifier: If your home suffers from the dry heat in winter, you must put lemon peels in a pot of water and start to simmer on the lowest stove top setting in order to humidify and scent the air.
4. Refresh cutting boards: lemon has low pH, with antibacterial properties which makes lemon a great choice for refreshing cutting boards. You can use it at this way: after proper disinfecting rub the surface with a halved lemon, let it sit for a few seconds and then rinse with water.
5. Clean the microwave: when you go to clean the microwave, try to replace using strong chemical cleaners with lemon. Add lemon to bowl filled halfway with cold water, then cook on high for five minutes in order to boil the water and the steam to condense on the walls and tops of the oven. Finally, remove the hot bowl carefully and clean away the dirt with a towel.
6. Use on the skin: rubbing lemon peels very lightly on your face such a nice skin tonic, then rinse with water. You should be careful around your eyes.
7. Soften dry elbows: to apply this, bring a half lemon sprinkled with baking soda, then put your elbow in the lemon and twist the lemon as if you are juicing it for more than ten minutes. Rinse with water and dry.
8. Polish chrome and copper: copper ware, brass, stainless or chrome steel, all these can be brighten by using a halved lemon dipped in salt or baking powder. First, put a juiced lemon half in salt, you can also use baking soda or cream of tartar instead of the salt and rub on the affected area. Let it stay on for ten minutes. Then rinse in warm water and polish dry.
9. Make a sugar scrub: by mixing a half cup of sugar with finely chopped lemon peel and enough olive oil to get a paste. Start to wet your body in the shower, then turn off the water and massage sugar mix all over your skin, rinse, but try to be soft.