Many parents do not know how to prepare their kids for the nursery school specially in the case of the individual kid. The kids in this age are strongly linked with their family as they can not secede them under any circumstances even for a few minutes, so they want something that could motivate and encourage them to go to the nursery. In this topic, we will solve this problem that faces many parents by 6 tips on how to prepare your child for the nursery school.
1. Get used and practice to separation: if your child is not in a day care, so it is very important to practice separation as practicing to separation is an essential step to make your child get used to leave his/her family without crying or feeling lonely. Leave your kid with a trusted entity twice a week for couple hours and you will see that practice makes perfect. This step may be specially challenging for some parents with their kids alike.
2. Check that your child is potty trained: surely, it is very obvious; but it is found that there are some kids who start to go to the nursery and still not properly toilet trained. If your kid is not completely trained by nursery, this will put a load on the teacher as well. In simple words, it is very important to make your child completely trained on using toilet.
3. Change the nap schedule of your child so that it will be similar to the school’s nap schedule: many kids are taking naps everyday and if your child is one of those, so it is good to get him/her on a new nap schedule which will not change with his/her school schedule.
4. Show to your child that children are playing happily outside: this may help your child to feel comfortable on the first day of the nursery. Your child will love to go to the nursery to play and run with other freely.
5. Meet the teacher with accompanying your child: introduce the teacher to your child and try to talk to the teacher over any matters as this will help to reduce some of unease on the first day of the nursery.
6. Make your kid mentally ready: make sure that your kid know what is going on around him/her as he/she will go to the nursery and will be away from their parents for a long time. It may seem hard to your kid, but it is your role to make it easier by playing a game with your kid where you could be the teacher while your kid could be the student or you play the student while your kid plays the teacher.