Cleaning glass or mirrors is one of the tasks which all women face in their houses, they see it as a difficult task to get a clean glass without any streaks. Most of women use sprayings and chemical materials to get a sparkling glass, but without using these expensive materials you can clean your mirrors or glass just by using couple of your common household items.
Here we will show some instructions and tips for cleaning glass and mirrors in your home.
1. Clean from top to bottom: begin at the top and still clean down so as to make sure that no drips will happen on the surface of the glass which is already get cleaned.
2. Try to clean windows on a cloudy day: the sun could dry the window wash, so the cloudy day is better to clean and get a streak-free glass.
3. Try to use an old t-shirt: it could work well as it will be absorbent enough to get a polished glass without any streaks.
4. Use squeegee: it is a great solution to get a polished glass without any efforts. It is a simple tool which could make an amazing difference on glass.
5. Avoid the woodwork: many windows, mirrors and glass are framed with wood, so you should be careful not to allow any drips onto the wood so as not to damage these surfaces. It is better to wash these wooden frames with using cotton swabs.
6. Clean with using a homemade cleaner: to make this homemade cleaner, just follow these instructions.
- Mix 1 gallon of water with ½ cup of vinegar into a bucket, plastic bowl or use it in a sprayer.
- Dampen an old t-shirt or any cloth into the water, and then squeeze it as it should be damp enough to clean the glass. Clean the glass, mirror or window in circular motions, and then leave it moist.
- Finally, bring a newspaper sheet or any black and white printed paper and crumple it then start to dry the surface. Avoid using another cloth, because drying through using a cloth is what causes the streaking.