5 Tips On Taking Good Care Of Our Lungs
All humans can not go more than few minutes without breathing the air, so we all need air to live. Our lungs have an important role in the breathing process as we use it to take in the air. So, we should take good care of our lungs in order to be more healthier. Just follow these 5 tips in this article which will show you how to take good care of your lungs.
1. Never smoke: this means that if you are smoking, give up smoking right now and if you do not smoke, so do not start or even try to smoke.
2. Breathe in through your nose and avoid breathing through your mouth, especially while there are toxic fumes: the hair in your nose plays an important role as a filter which only lets extremely fine particles to get through and keeps the rest of the air to combine it with mucus.
3. See what you inhale: there are many things which you should not breathe in. In the first place, try to avoid breathing in these things and inhale through your nose. Besides that, take shallow breathes so as not to get these things deep in your lungs. Then, make yourself cough to force these bad fumes to get out. Here are a list of these bad fumes which we daily exposed to them:
- Smoke from fire and Tobacco smoke.
- Ceramic dust or fiber.
- Talcum and baby powder.
- Car exhaust and gasoline.
- Broken glass and fiber glass.
- Cleaning supplies.
4. Raise your aerobics capacity: you can increase your aerobics capacity through doing some active exercises which actually make you gasping to breathe, do these exercises for 3-4 times a week.
5. If you are suffering from asthma or any other respiratory condition, take your medication which will help you to breathe easier.
To exercise your lungs, use a spirometer. It could be purchased by $ 10 and it measures your breath volume through making the piston in the plastic cylinder rise by your inhale into the tube.