Many people go out in the hot or warm weather which makes them getting too hot and this condition has some risks such as heat exhaustion, heat cramps, dehydration, overheating, and suffering from the heat stress which leads you to go away from your daily activities. So do you want to keep your body cool during your daily life in the warm weather?! Here we will show you some tips on how to stay cool in the warm weather. Over heating leads to feelings of stress, tension and frustration, so keeping your body cool will help in keeping your mood calm as well. There are many effective and simple ways that help to keep your body cool in the warm weather and most of them are very affordable.
5 Tips On How To Stay Cool In The Warm Weather
- Stay away from the sun during it is at its hottest: avoid as much as possible doing your activities such as running, walking, sitting or exercising during the noonday sun. It is better to limit your sun exposure between the hours of 10 a.m till 4 p.m for every day in the warmer months. If your work is outdoor during these hours, so it is better to do it in the early morning.
- Put a plan: having a plan makes you able to put time limits on your exposure to the sun and plan ways to minimize the risks of the heat before you go into it each day. Spend time in watching the weather forecast as a part of your plan. Always make sure to stick to your time limits by prioritizing and leaving things that are less important to be finished in other cooler days.
- Dress in simple clothes: light in color, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing help to keep your body cooler. Avoid wearing a lot of accessories, wearing too much makeup and wearing clothes made of synthetics as they can increase heat. It is better to wear cotton clothes as they could keep your body cool and do not forget to protect your head from the heat by wearing a wide-brimmed hat that provides the shade.
- Wear footwear that breathes: more strenuous activities require comfort, durability and arch support. Flip Flop is great for more activities as it provides comfort and lets your feet breath. Also sport sneakers are great, but make sure that you have worn them before so, they will not give your feet blisters or rub them. Sandals and flip-flops are very ideal for keeping your feet cool. Converse is not good shoes for intense summer fun.
- Stay hydrated: the water has an essential role in keeping your body cool during the hot weather as you should drink water even you do not feel thirsty. Where ever you go, you should have a bottle of water around with you which you could refill at any safe water tap. It is okay to drink the energy drinks or commercial water such as Vitamin water. Avoid drinking sugary drinks such as sodas or alcoholic drinks and reduce drinking tea and coffee which could increase your body dehydration. You can fill a spray bottle with pure water and put it into the refrigerator at your home or work and when you feel too hot, you can spray a fine mist of this cooled water over your face and body to help in cooling you down quickly. To check your hydration level, you should measure your urination frequency and color; if the color is dark, so you need more water and if you have not gone for some time, so you are in need to drink more water.