5 Simple Ways To Stop Overeating On Holidays
Holidays are the time when you can enjoy with relatives and friends, spend nice time, besides eating almost all sorts of foods that are available around you. You always think about how to enjoy and never think whether it is right thing or wrong?! In this article, we will provide you some smart eating tips for indulging without weight gain.
1. Calm yourself: Researches claim that people may eat as much as 60 percent more when dining with their own friends. That is why on holidays, you seems to eat ten times more food than on any other day. It is better to take your sit near the slowest eater at the table and if you are surrounded by fast eaters, you have to take a half glass of water between bites to slow down eating.
2. Avoid chips and crackers: these kinds of foods are high in calories. When you are going to pick up the special food that have lots of love poured into it, it is better to take just a small amount, and to feel the taste of each bite as this will be greatly helping.
3. Eat more vegetables: In a survey, they found that adults who ate the most vegetables and fruits were the least likely to be fat, even when they ate more food overall. On holidays, you should take the tasty vegetables such as greens and others on your plate, and leave very little place for high-calories foods such as cheeses and sweets.
4. Curb your options: Researchers found that adults who were offered sandwiches with four different kinds of filling ate a second more than those who got only their favorite ones. So the advice is to get the similar flavors together. For example, to put only salty or meaty foods on your plate at the same time, as this will make you get tired of the same flavor more quickly and end up feeling full and satisfied on fewer calories.
5. Don’t talk with your mouth full: by talking and eating at the same time, you will not be really paying attention on neither of them. Besides that, you will look pretty unpleasant. So as Mom used to say, before you start chatting first finish chewing, this helps in employing yourself while eating.