There is a Japanese research published in the journal Brain and Cognition declares that chewing gum is actually good for the brain as there are eight areas of the brain are affected by the act of chewing. The performance of chewing a gum leads to some temporary improvements in blood flow to the brain. If you are one of those people who get used to the habit of chewing gum after every meal or just when feeling bored, so you will be happy when knowing that the amazing benefits of chewing gum are now being discovered. In this topic, we will show you why chewing gum may actually be good for your health.
1. It helps in reducing the stress and tension: researches have shown that students who are chewing gum during exams tend to be more focused than others. Chewing gum can help you to relax when feeling stress or even if you feel frustrated or irritated as well. By chewing gum you can fight anxiety and stress.
2. Increase mental power: the performance of chewing gum encourages brain activity in several ways. When chewing the gum, the heart rate increases and more Oxygen is delivered to the brain area. It provides more blood flow to the brain, besides boosting your memory as what the psychologists have discovered.
3. Improves digestion: chewing gum after meals helps in improving the digestion. This performance of chewing gum produces more saliva which helps in keeping the digestive acids down in your stomach.
4. Improves oral health: if you are suffering from some oral problems such as gum infection or bad breath, so you may need to chew some gum to relieve these symptoms. Chewing gum stimulates the saliva production as saliva is the most important element that helps in keeping good oral health. Saliva has antibacterial properties that could remove the remaining harmful acids and sugars in your mouth. It has been found that the sugar-free gum is very effective in protecting the enamel of your teeth. By chewing some sugar-free gum after every meal, you can reduce your teeth cavities.
5. Contributes in Weight Loss: the performance and flavor of chewing gum will help you to fight your carvings for any other snacks that are containing high fats and calories. Chewing gum works well as an ideal snack that will not ruin your diet, because gum contains very few calories for every meal. If you are trying to lose your weight, chewing gum will be very beneficial for you as when you get the feeling of carvings to some snacks or desserts, chew a gum instead.