A puffy eye is the situation when the eyes begin swelling, but it has many different conditions.There are some conditions which may require examination by an eye-care professional.To treat the problem of your Buffy eyes, here are a list of treatments and home remedies for this special condition:
1. Wash your face with ice-cold water
2. Use Ice or cold packs regularly.
3. Increase vitamin and mineral intake.
4. Drink plenty of water to clean out your body system.
5. Limit the intake of sodium (salt).
6. Use a Cream specially designed for the conditions of puffy eyes: Try to get a soothing eye cream with aloe and Vitamin E; also look into certain products such as Revitalume and Swanson Creams Vitamin K cream.
7. Use eye mask: by applying mild pressure to the eyelids at night.
8. Eye care professionals recommend using a washcloth dipped in cold water instead of using cucumbers; this recommendation has the same effect. The cucumbers are not recommended by the eye care professionals, because the food sometimes contains bacteria and it can lead to eye infections.
9. Avoid rubbing your eyes as that will only cause the swelling to worsen.
10. Keep your head elevated so as to reduce the swelling around your eyes.
11. Try not to lie down or keep your head in a position which increases blood flow to your eyes.
12. Finally, talk to your doctor about the possible causes and treatments for the problem of puffy eyes.
To prevent your eyes from becoming puffy, there are many things that you can do such as:
1. Keep your body cleansed.
2. Drink plenty of water.
3. Avoid irritants such as smoke.
4. Avoid allergens when possible.
5. Increase your vitamin intake.
6. Limit using sodium (salt) when possible.
7. Avoid rubbing your eyes, but when it is urgent, it is better to apply cold compresses.
8. Talk with an eye-care professional.