There are many things which you are taking good care of such as your family, your job and even your home; but do you ever take good care of your heart?!
You can take good care of your heart through following a healthy diet, good lifestyle and a physical activity and this way is a great weapon to prevent heart diseases. Heart disease is known as a major killer for many women more than all forms of cancer combined, so here we are going to show you some tips on how to care of your heart which you should follow to avoid any risks.
- Schedule a yearly check up: you should see a doctor each year such as in your birthday in order to check your blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol levels. You should follow your doctor’s recommendations and take all your medications on time.
- Eat healthy: you should eat on a diet including plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. You have to avoid fast food as it is a cause of clogged arteries.
- Control Cholesterol: high cholesterol level may lead your arteries to clog and it is an essential cause of heart attack and other heart diseases. It is better to eat low-fat or fat-free foods such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Keep a healthy weight: the excess weight which your body is carrying increases the risk of strokes, diabetes and heart diseases. So, it is better to maintain a healthy weight to improve your health too.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: smoking is a very dangerous habit and it is a cause of cancer, strokes and many heart diseases; so it is better to quit smoking even by step by step. Alcohol also leads your pressure to rise and this high pressure may lead to many risks, so it is better to reduce the amount of alcohol which you take.
- Drink more water: keep a bottle of water with you everywhere as it will help you to keep hydrated and also will strength your arms’ muscles.
- Exercising: it is very important for keeping your body healthy as you can go to walk a day in the park with a friend or even with your dog. You can also stretch, jog, March or step for 15 minutes a day during watching T.V as any exercise is good for your health.
- Laughing: there are studies performed by the University of Maryland Medical Center which have shown that laughing reduces the risk of heart diseases and levels of stress too.
- Cut down on salt: using much salt in food leads to raise blood pressure which may cause many heart diseases.
- Try to relax: it is better to avoid stress to keep your heart healthy. You have one heart only, so you should keep away from any tension and stress which could harm your heart health.