Your in-laws who are your spouse’s family are an essential part in your life and you have to accept this truth and to adapt yourself to living with them. Facing difficulties in dealing with in-laws leads to many problems that may destroy the relation between you and your spouse. There are many tips that you can follow to help yourself to live peacefully and to protect your life from being destroyed. To show you how to deal with in-laws, we present to you the following 10 tips that are really helpful for saving your family.
– Choose a nice name that pleases her: You can choose a nice and suitable name for calling your mother-in-law and do not call her by her first name as you may do with your mother, because sometimes and in some places it is considered to be a sort of insolence to call a mother-in-law who is older than you by her name as she should be respected.
– Adapt yourself to her thoughts: After the marriage of the son, there are some mothers who find it difficult for them to accept this new situation as they continue treating the son as if he is still a child and they also think that the care which was given to them will be reduced, so you will need to adapt to this situation and to accept this thoughts and emotions trying to deal with them wisely.
– Keep your life private: Telling your in-laws or your parents about the problems that you face with your husband or in your life will open the door for them to interfere in your life and will lead to many problems that may result in destroying your marriage and family.
– Visiting relatives: Visiting your in-laws will help you to avoid facing undesired situations such as coming to your home without calling. You can specify time for your visits in order to make it a regular and organized habit.
– Control your anger: Try to avoid the situations that raise your stress and make you get angry. Relax yourself once your in-law starts to provoke you. Showing your anger will make the situation worse and will increase the problem. It will give your in-law the chance to provoke you more and more and she will be satisfied once you get angry.
– Set a red line and boundaries: There is a red line that should not be crossed. If it happened that one of your in-laws crossed this line, then you will need to show respectfully and nicely that you refuse such a behavior. If you failed to stop your in-law who refuses to respect and respond to your desire, then you will need to have your husband interfere and handle the matter on his own.
– Be honest with her: Talk to your mother-in-law and try to tell her about what makes you get angry. Choose the best time for doing that and try to discover what drives her to behave in such a way. The whole matter may result from misunderstanding whether it is through you or her.
– Make it clear for your husband: If you find it difficult to face your mother-in-law and to talk to her in order not to hurt her or make the whole situation and relation between you worse, then you can talk to your husband and make everything clear for him. You have to inform him with all what is done by his mother and makes you angry, this will allow you to have your husband handle the situation instead of you. Be polite while you are talking about your mother-in-law with your husband and do not forget that she is his mother.
– Joint decision: Do not make a decision on your own and share it with your husband. You both should decide what should be done in order to help each other and to protect your marriage and family from being destroyed.
– Make it funny: If it is possible, try to turn the situation from its annoying state into a funny situation instead of being worse. You can laugh instead of getting angry.
– Try to possess her: One of the best and most effective ideas is to try to possess your mother-in-law through being nice with her, flattering her and making her feel that she is an important person who is really effective. It will be better to do that in front of people and especially the family members. This will turn your relation upside down and will force her to be good with you.