As a result of the increasing prices of energy, it has become necessary for us to look for a solution for this problem in order not to waste our money. If you have your own business and suffers from this problem of energy, then the only solution for you is greening your business. Running a green business does not only help you to keep the environment clean through reducing carbon emission, but it also allows you to save more and more money instead of spending it on the expensive energy as greening your business requires lowering the amount of energy that you use. In order to know how to green your business and start saving money, we provide you with the following 13 green business tips.
1. Turn off all the lights, equipment and machines when they are not used. If you find it difficult to make the employees do this for you because they may forget to do that, use timer devices.
2. Use energy monitors that show you the used energy and its cost for any equipment. This method is proved to be very effective for saving energy.
3. Another way to make it easy for you to turn off most of the running devices at once without forgetting any of them is to use surge protectors or power strips.
4. Use motion-sensor, automatic dimming switches and it will be better to replace the old lighting that you have with other compact fluorescent bulbs and the old equipment with modern one to save the energy that is used.
5. Use fans and in order to automate the HVAC system or to reduce heating or cooling when they are used, you can simply install programmable thermostats.
6. Keep away from purchasing cheap and unqualified products, appliances and equipment. It will be better for you to purchase those with Energy Star labels as they are more efficient.
7. Instead of using traditional vehicles, you can use the hybrid ones. Use auxiliary power units to keep the main engines shut when they are not used.
8. Lower the pressure of water and reduce the used amount through installing valves. Make sure that there are not any leaks and if there is any, try to repair it.
9. To lower the amount of power that is consumed by desktop computers, replace them by laptops which do not consume the same amount of power and are more efficient. Replace the laser printers that you have by other inkjet printers that do not need the same amount of energy. Turn off the computers when they are not used through making use of the power management modes that are available on computers and allow you to lower the used power after a specific period of time that you can control.
10. Try to make use of the waste products that are generated by your business through reusing them or look for a way that allows you to reduce generating them.
11. Install fax modems that can help you to send documents from your computer without the need to print them.
12. Reduce the amount of printed papers through printing double-sided papers if it is possible.
13. Communicate through using e-mails and avoid printing anything that is not necessary.